These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Inc. Magazine Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1979, Inc. Magazine is an American business magazine published 8 times yearly. Inc.com is the associated website that publishes daily business news. The current editor is James Ledbetter, an editor at large with Reuters.
Funded by / Ownership
Inc. Magazine is owned by Mansueto Ventures LLC, which billionaire investor Joe Mansueto holds. He is also executive chairman of Morningstar Inc. and owns the monthly business magazine Fast Company. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Inc. Magazine publishes original content on investing, business and marketing. Articles and headlines do not use loaded emotional language like this: How 1099 Workers Should Apply for Stimulus Loans. Like all others reviewed, this story is correctly sourced to credible information.
Editorially, Inc. Magazine rarely publishes opinion pieces. However, they publish advice pieces such as 10 Things to Say Instead of Good Job. When reporting on politics, Inc. Magazine generally reports directly and factually. However, some articles are slightly negative toward the former Trump administration, such as this: President Trump Tried to Take Credit for Apple’s Mac Pro Manufacturing Plant. Here’s Why He Shouldn’t. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Inc. Magazine Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of news. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record. (D. Van Zandt 4/18/2020) Updated (07/29/2022)
Last Updated on July 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am