Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, Teaparty.org is a news and opinion website affiliated with the Tea Party Movement.
According to their about page, “The Tea Party are those who possess a strong belief in the Judeo-Christian values embedded in our great founding documents. We believe the responsibility of our beloved nation is etched upon the hearts of true Patriots from every race, religion, national origin, and walk of life, sharing a common belief in the values which made and keep our beloved nation great. This belief led to the creation of the modern-day Tea Party.” The current President of the Tea Party is Steve Eichler J.D.
Funded by / Ownership
Tea Party, Inc., owns Teaparty.org, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization funded through donations that they do not disclose on the website.
Analysis / Bias
Teaparty.org presents news with extreme right-wing bias through the use of loaded words and sensational headlines such as this Biden Regime Shuts Down Trump Administration’s Investigation Into The Origins Of The China Coronavirus. This original story is poorly sourced to mixed factual sources such as The Daily Caller and CNN and Questionable sources like the Gateway Pundit, which routinely fails fact checks. Other stories on the website are published by disreputable sources that routinely fail fact checks, such as Infowars, Newswars, and WND.
Editorially, they no longer support the original Tea Party, which represented low taxes, low regulations, and a free-market economy. Now the Tea Party endorses former President Trump with sections dedicated to Pray for Trump, the Stop the Steal conspiracy, and Team Trump. Essentially, this is a cult-like source that promotes Trump without evidence. For example, during the 2020 election, they routinely published election fraud falsehoods such as this Bombshell: Arizona Election Results Audit Finds ‘Significant Discrepancies,’ Ballots Off By Up To 17.5%, Joe Biden ‘Likely Did Not Win’.
Finally, during the pandemic, they routinely published false or misleading information regarding Covid-19, such as this Biden Regime Shuts Down Trump Administration’s Investigation Into The Origins Of The China Coronavirus. This is the 100% opposite of what is happening Covid: Biden orders investigation into virus origin as lab leak theory debated. In general, this source frequently promotes misinformation in an attempt to promote Trump.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Pelosi sinks to new low, tells Dems: if you have to lie to voters to win, do it.” – False
- “Trey Gowdy is the new director of the FBI!” – False
- Gifting a Folded Flag Isn’t ‘Only For Fallen Veterans’ – False
- “Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer bans buying US flags during lockdown.” – False
- “Huge! Results From Breaking Chloroquine Study Show 100% Cure Rate For Patients Infected With The Coronavirus.” – False
Overall, we rate Tea Party Inc., Extreme Right biased and questionable based on the promotion of debunked conspiracy theories, propaganda, poor sourcing, lack of transparency, and numerous false claims. (5/11/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 5/27/2021)
Last Updated on May 27, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am