These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Despite the pro-Palestinian slant, and the lack of reporting from Israel’s point of view, the factual content provided earns If Americans Knew a Left-Center rating.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
If Americans Knew (IAK) features news and reports exclusively regarding the current situation in Israeli occupied Palestine. Founded by Alison Weir, who is also President of the Council for the National Interest, IAK’s goal is, as stated on the site: “The mission of If Americans Knew is to inform and educate the American public on issues of major significance that are unreported, underreported, or misreported in the American media.”
If Americans Knew has been criticized by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) for what they deemed anti-Semitic statements, in which Alison Weir characterizes as defamation. On the other hand, Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR) has called If Americans Knew “Valuable“.
Funded by / Ownership
If Americans Knew is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt that is funded through donations, sale of DVD’s and online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
IAK, in line with their stated goals, provides comprehensive information not only on the history of the conflict but also on daily affairs of the region. While there is a decidedly pro-Palestine slant to IAK, it appears to be mostly inherent in the content itself, as the articles and information provided are factual as evidenced by a clean fact check record, well sourced, and presented with a minimum of editorializing. Despite the pro-Palestinian slant, and the lack of reporting from Israel’s point of view, the factual content provided earns If Americans Knew a Left-Center rating. (D. Kelley 3/29/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 9/13/2018)
Last Updated on April 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am