These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate HotNews.ro Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial perspective that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to the use of credible sources and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1999, HotNews is a news and analysis website headquartered in Bucharest, Romania. HotNews is published in Romanian, English, and Spanish. The website covers various topics such as technology, finance, national and international politics, and current affairs. Clarice Dinu serves as editor-in-chief.
Funded by Ownership
HotNews list their Media Partners as Euractiv, RFI, Deutsche Welle, and the Rise Project. They also collaborate with News agencies such as Reuters, AFP, and Agerpres. They list their partners as GTS, Medlife, Tremendous, Esri Romania, and Nikon.
On issues such as LGBT rights, HotNews reports with a positive tone, such as in this article “European Parliament condemns Hungarian anti-pedophilia law “in the strongest possible terms” and attacks on LGBT rights.” At the end of the article, they also summarize the context, “On 15 June 2021, the Hungarian Parliament voted almost unanimously (157 votes to 1) in favor of rules that, under the pretext of combating pedophilia, restrict the freedom of expression and rights of children by banning the presence of LGBTIQ content in educational materials or TV shows for people under the age of 18. The new law entered into force on July 8, 2021.”
When it comes to sourcing articles, they use official sources such as europarl.europa.eu, ec.europa.eu, BBC and news.ro.(Romanian News Agency). They also publish Technology articles such as” Starlink: Everything you need to know about the constellation through which Elon Musk wants to connect the entire planet to the internet – speed, price, problems and more.” This article is sourced through CNET; however, they do not provide a hyperlink. Finally, they republish articles from the Financial Times, such as “Financial Times: European democracy is adapting to the far right.” In general, HotNews reports the news factually and with a moderate left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate HotNews.ro Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial perspective that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to the use of credible sources and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 7/10/2021) Updated (05/11/2022)
Last Updated on May 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am