These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Grasping Reality with Both Hands Left Biased based on story selection and wording and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Grasping Reality with both Hands: Bradford DeLong is a finance blog focused on economics run by J. Bradford DeLong, who is a Professor at the University of California, Berkeley and macro-economist. DeLong also considers himself a free trade Neoliberal and in March 2008, DeLong endorsed Barack Obama as the Democratic Party candidate for President. In the 2016 presidential election he endorsed Hillary Clinton. Bradford DeLong writes on various topics including the business cycle, labor economics, health care, complex financial or economic research, philosophical debates and more.
Funded by / Ownership
Grasping Reality is owned by Bradford Delong and is funded through online advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Grasping Reality uses moderately strong loaded words such as: “HOW 100% TRUTH BECOMES, IN REPUBLICANS’ EYES, AN UNFAIR ATTACK ON THEM…” However, they use credible sources such as Project Syndicate, Brookings.edu, and Vox. DeLong’s articles mostly favor a more left wing economic view that is similar to Paul Krugman.
A factual search reveals that Grasping Reality has never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Grasping Reality with Both Hands Left Biased based on story selection and wording and High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing. (M. Huitsing 11/1/2017) Updated (9/22/2018)
Last Updated on April 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm