Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Anti-Islam, Poor Sourcing, False Claims, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
PoliticsOnline.net is an anti-Islam website that does not have an about page, author information, or ownership disclosure. In other words, the Owner(s) of the website wishes to remain anonymous as their content is Questionable. The website is part of a network of up to 14 websites that promotes anti-Muslim propaganda through an anonymous Anti-Muslim Network. According to a Guardian investigation in 2019, the network also features up to 21 Facebook pages that amplify the content reaching millions.
Due to the anonymous nature of these websites, they lack transparency. Further, the domains of sources within the network change frequently and therefore some of these sites may not be online all the time.
Funded by / Ownership
The websites in the network do not disclose ownership, and advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the websites affiliated with the network all publish negative stories toward Islam and attempt to paint a picture of Muslims as murderous and violent. For example: “TURKEY – woman, was executed by acid after over rumors that she mocked Islam” A factual search of this headline shows that this never happened or was never reported by a credible media source. This is a classic example of a misleading headline and the promotion of propaganda.
PoliticsOnline and other sources in the network frequently promote Israel and consistently denigrate Muslims such as this If the Palestinians are so poor, why are they investing their resources in weapons and terrorism to kill Jews. They also do not source their information through hyperlinks. Further, many stories are poorly written or directly plagiarized from other sources. Finally, these sources hold a far-right bias and can be considered hate groups.
Failed Fact Checks
- Sources in this network routinely publish false and misleading news regarding Muslims.
Overall, we rate PoliticsOnline.net Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of anti-Muslim propaganda and conspiracy theories, false claims, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 5/27/2018) Update (05/19/2021)
Last Updated on May 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Tenth Amendment Centerby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am