These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate the Alliance for Science a Pro-Science source based on support for the consensus of science regarding GMOs.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2014 and based at Cornell University, the Alliance for Science is a non-profit foundation that promotes the use of GMOs for food sustainability. They describe their mission as “The Cornell Alliance for Science seeks to promote access to scientific innovation as a means of enhancing food security, improving environmental sustainability, and raising the quality of life globally.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Alliance for Science is a non-profit whose primary source of support is a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They also list all donors who gave over $1000.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Alliance for Science publishes news and studies that align with the consensus of science regarding GMOs. Articles are well-sourced and use minimally loaded language such as this: Kenya reconsidering GMO crop ban to support food security. The website also features educational resources that simply and clearly explain GMO’s such as this 10 Myths about GMO’s.
Although the Alliance for Science supports the consensus of science they have faced criticism as well: Why is Cornell University hosting a GMO propaganda campaign?
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Alliance for Science a Pro-Science source based on support for the consensus of science regarding GMOs. (D. Van Zandt 5/5/2019) Updated (12/27/2021)
Last Updated on February 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am