These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Facts and Logic About the Middle East Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right-leaning Israeli Government. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a lack of transparency with donors.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Facts and Logic About the Middle East (FLAME) is a non-profit pro-Israel organization based in San Francisco, California. Its stated purpose is “the research and publication of the facts regarding developments in the Middle East and exposing false propaganda that might harm the interests of the United States and its allies in that area of the world.” Since 1987, they have been placing ads in major publications promoting pro-Israeli propaganda.
Funded by / Ownership
Facts and Logic About the Middle East is a nonprofit that is funded through donations. However, they lack transparency as they do not disclose donors.
Analysis / Bias
In review, FLAME has an extreme bias for Israel and against Muslims. According to The Village Voice, when a reporter “pointed out the overt bigotry” in a FLAME ad in 1998 that described Islam as “virulent” and blamed it for promoting violence against the U.S. and Israel, FLAME’s Gerardo Joffe said “All Arab Muslims may not be a bunch of fanatics, but I’ve never met one who isn’t.”
Articles and headlines contain moderately loaded language such as this The Israel Apartheid Lie. This public relations message is completely unsourced. In this article, Will President Biden get trapped by failed Israel-Palestinian conflict policies of the past?, they again do not provide hyperlinked sourcing. Editorially, they strongly favor right-leaning Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Israel’s PM Netanyahu’s brilliant speech at the U.N.: “Have you no decency? Have you no shame?”. In general, the information may be factual, but without properly citing information it is difficult for the reader to investigate further.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Facts and Logic About the Middle East Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right-leaning Israeli Government. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a lack of transparency with donors. (D. Van Zandt 1/11/2017) Updated (2/09/2021)
Last Updated on February 9, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am