These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Duluth News Tribune Least Biased based on editorial content that is reasonably balanced and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1869, The Duluth News Tribune (known locally as The Tribune or “DNT”) is a broadsheet newspaper based in Duluth, Minnesota. The current editor is Rick Lubbers.
Funded by / Ownership
In 2006, Forum Communications, a Fargo, North Dakota media firm bought the Duluth News Tribune from The McClatchy Company. Forum Communications owns several small to mid-sized newspapers and TV stations in the Midwest, USA. The Newspaper is funded through advertising and subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is covered via journalists while national/international news is derived from outside sources such as the Washington Post. There is minimal use of biased language in straight news reporting. Editorially, the Duluth News Tribune leans right in opinion and editorial content. Up until the 2016 election the DNT has always endorsed Republican Presidential candidates. In 2018, they endorsed slightly more Democratic candidates for local seats.There is also use of loaded emotional language in opinion pieces such as this: Immigrant-bashing began with Founding Fathers — not with Trump. In general, editorials are reasonably balanced with a mix of right-center and left-center opinions.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Duluth News Tribune Least Biased based on editorial content that is reasonably balanced and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/6/2018) Updated (06/03/2020)
Last Updated on June 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm