These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate McClatchyDC Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial bias that favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
McClatchyDC is the Washington DC bureau of the McClatchy Company that covers Congress, the Whitehouse, and political news. McClatchyDC reporters cover all aspects of the Washington DC political scene that are then published in McClatchy Newspapers throughout the country. McClatchy journalists have also won 9 Pulitzer prizes in their 159-year history.
Funded by / Ownership
McClatchyDC is owned by the McClatchy Company, which is a publishing company based in Sacramento, California. They operate 29 daily newspapers in fourteen states with some notable newspapers being the Sacramento Bee, The Miami Herald, and Charlotte Observer. McClatchyDC is funded through advertising and subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, McClatchyDC covers Washington DC and national politics through the use of McClatchy reporters. A review of articles shows that many headlines contain moderately loaded language that tends to favor the left such as these: California Republicans fear even bigger trouble ahead for their wounded party and Trump administration wants huge limits on food stamps — even though Congress said ‘no’. All stories published use proper hyperlinked sourcing to credible media and/or Government information. McClatchyDC does not have an actual editorial page, however, they do have an editorial cartoon page that almost always paints President Trump and the GOP in a negative light.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate McClatchyDC Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial bias that favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/30/2016) Updated (12/28/2018)
Last Updated on June 12, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am