These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Blue Route Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that typically favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a lack of transparency regarding ownership
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2013, The Blue Route is a news and opinion website that presents information from a liberal perspective. The website features a tagline that reads “Careening toward a more progressive future.” According to their about page, they state they are “political commentary, news, and current events network.” They further report “While we come from the left side of the political spectrum, we welcome opinion and commentary from both sides.” The website does not list an editor or disclose ownership.
In 2016, we evaluated The Blue Route under a different domain, therefore this serves as an update to the original review.
Funded by / Ownership
The Blue Route does not disclose ownership and there does not appear to be a funding method.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Blue Route is primarily a left-leaning opinion blog with story selection that consistently favors the left. News stories are appropriately separated from Op-Eds and typically utilize moderately loaded emotional language such as this: I am the straw man: a closer look at Trump’s plastic straw campaign. This story is appropriately sourced to CNBC, Washington Post and Futurism.com. News stories with the Op-Ed tag are more opinion based and generally support progressive/liberal positions such as this: The Case For Impeachment. They also do not have a favorable opinion of President Trump, Will 2020 Be About Trump Fatigue or Trump Numbness?
A factual search reveals they have not been fact-checked by an IFCN fact-checker.
Overall, we rate The Blue Route Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that typically favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a lack of transparency regarding ownership. (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2016) Updated (9/16/2019)
Last Updated on August 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am