These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Courthouse News Service Least Biased based on minimal use of loaded emotional language and balanced reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The domain was created in 1997. Courthouse News Service is a news service subscribed to by law firms. The company is based in Pasadena, California, and has reporters in almost every major market in the country. It offers a combination of free and paid services. It does not provide comprehensive docket information; instead, it only alerts readers to new filings and rulings. The website provides a masthead that indicates Bill Girdner is the editor.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not openly disclose ownership, though a simple Google search turns up Courthouse News Services Inc. as the owner, with Bill Girdner serving as owner. The website generates revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Courthouse News Service reports on new court filings across the country and updates to trials and testimony. Their primary focus is on civil litigation cases. The wording of headlines is typically low-biased such as this: Trump Must Pay $2 Million to Settle Claims Against Foundation. This story is also properly sourced. Besides original reporting, they also republish and source stories from the Associated Press. In general, Courthouse News Service displays minimal bias in reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Courthouse News Service Least Biased based on minimal use of loaded emotional language and balanced reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/6/2018) Updated (07/01/2021)
Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am