These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Cheddar Left-Center biased based on story selection and wording that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Cheddar Inc. is a live streaming financial news network founded in 2016 by Jon Steinberg. Steinberg is the former president of Buzzfeed. Cheddar broadcasts live daily from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) floor, NASDAQ, the Flatiron Building in New York City, and the White House lawn and briefing room in Washington D.C., covering new product technologies and services.
According to their about page, “Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company. Cheddar broadcasts live on SlingTV, Hulu Live, YouTube TV, Philo, Twitter, Facebook Watch, Pluto, Xumo, and more.”
“Cheddar currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.”
Cheddar has been dubbed the “CNBC of the internet,” targeting a millennial audience.
Funded by / Ownership
Cheddar lists its investors as “Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.” Altice USA is the current owner with a revenue model consisting of advertising and carriage agreements with streaming services.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Cheddar covers financial news via steaming networks, video, and website articles. Website articles usually are accompanied by video and utilize minimally loaded words such as this: Marijuana Earnings Reveal Troubling Trend in Canadian Cannabis. This article is also properly sourced from Canadian media.
Regarding politics, Cheddar tends to present a negative view of former President Trump, as evidenced by this: Madeleine Albright: Trump Is the ‘Least Democratic President’ in Modern U.S. History and this Trump’s Work Ethic in Question After Private Schedules Leaked. Cheddar also tends to report positively on issues favored by the left, such as climate change.
Cheddar’s information is well-sourced and slightly favors the left in story selection and tone.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Cheddar Left-Center biased based on story selection and wording that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/14/2019) Updated (06/10/2022)
Last Updated on June 10, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/16/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 16, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emerging Europeby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 16, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/15/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 15, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Council on American-Islamic Relation (CAIR)by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 15, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/14/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Issues in Science and Technologyby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 8:00 am