These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Update: This source no longer publishes
- Overall, we rate Communities Digital News Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the Right and Mixed factually due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and very poor sourcing.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Communities Digital News (CDN) was at one time a part of the Washington Times, but is now its own entity. According to their about page “Communities Digital News, LLC, combines the liveliest handpicked writers, journalists and analysts to provide hourly updates on today’s news and trending information. From politics to entertainment, sports to public policy and today’s lifestyles — including travel, family, food, and health.” The primary contact for the website is Jacquie Kubin.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is held by Communities Digital News, LLC, but does not disclose ownership. The website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Communities Digital News (CDN) reports on a variety of news including world and political news. CDN frequently uses very strong emotionally loaded words that denigrate the left, such as this: Saving the Republic from the lunatic left. This article does not offer a single source to back any of its many right biased claims, such as “Hillary Clinton, of all the criminally unhinged hypocrites”, and “Two years into his Presidency he is the most successful President of my lifetime.” While this is clearly a highly biased opinion piece it is not labeled as such and instead placed in their world news category. In another article, they promote the conspiracy theory that the Clinton’s are mass murderers: Clinton body count expands, MSM largely ignores death of Jen Moore. In this article, they point to the Clinton’s “mounting pile of corpses littering the path to power and riches trod by Bill and Hillary Clinton.” Again, this highly charged conspiracy piece is very light on sourcing and there is zero evidence to support this claim.
In general, all stories favor the right and harshly denigrate the left with very poor sourcing techniques.
A factual search reveals that CDN has not been fact-checked by an IFCN Fact Checker.
Overall, we rate Communities Digital News Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the Right and Mixed factually due to the promotion of conspiracy theories and very poor sourcing. (8/15/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 1/2/2019)
Last Updated on July 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am