A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Update: Breaking Wide now directs to UN job posting list.
- Overall, we rate Breaking Wide Right Biased and Questionable due to poor sourcing of information, one-sided commentary, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Right Bias, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
According to a domain search, Breaking Wide was Founded in 2019. Breaking Wide is a hyperpartisan conservative news and opinion site. The website 100% lacks transparency as they do not disclaim ownership, authors or that the site consistently promotes conservative viewpoints. According to their about page “Breaking Wide also covers political news articles featuring all aspects of American government and politics. It also covers general updates from the oval office.”
Funded by / Ownership
Breaking Wide does not disclose ownership or funding, however, the website runs display advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Breaking Wide publishes summarized news stories from other sources. Headlines contain a moderate amount of loaded wording such as this Piers Morgan Suffers From Depression Seeing Americans Buying Guns In Historic Numbers. However, within the article, the unnamed author opines with strong emotional language such as this “Piers Morgan is all depressed because Americans are re-discovering the glories of the Second Amendment after a rash of violent looting and rioting.” This story is sourced to a tweet and although they publish statistics from the FBI they do not provide a link to that information for verification. Story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left such as this Watch Joe Biden’s Response When Confronted On Live Television If He Has Been Tested For Dementia. In general, the stories selected are factual news stories with the author adding biased conservative opinions.
Failed Fact Checks
- This source has never been fact-checked
Overall, we rate Breaking Wide Right Biased and Questionable due to poor sourcing of information, one-sided commentary, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 7/3/2020)
Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am