A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked per article. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Breaking First Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, use of poor sources that frequently fail fact checks, and a lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Poor sourcing, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, Breaking First is a hyperpartisan conservative news and opinion website lacking transparency. For example, they do not disclose their location, provide an about page, name editors, or clearly disclose ownership. Most stories appear to be republished from the Questionable Right Wing Tribune.
Funded by / Ownership
Breaking First does not disclose ownership, and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Breaking First typically republishes conservative biased news and opinion stories from other sources such as the Questionable Right Wing Tribune and 100 Percent Fed Up. Articles and headlines frequently use loaded emotional language that favors the right and denigrate the left, such as this Flashback To When Kamala Harris Vowed To Implement Extreme Gun Control Comes Back To Haunt Her- Vote For TRUMP and this Slow Joe Biden Says He Will Completely STOP Building Of Wall If Elected President, “There will not be another foot of wall construction in my administration”.
Story selection always favors the right and frequently uses low-quality sources who have failed numerous fact checks. In general, this is an extreme right-leaning source that relies on sources that lack credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not been fact-checked. However, their primary source, the Right Wing Tribune, has a poor track record with fact-checkers.
Overall, we rate Breaking First Questionable based on extreme right bias, promotion of propaganda, use of poor sources that frequently fail fact checks, and a lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 8/17/2020) Updated (06/13/2022)
Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am