A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Christian Breaking News right biased and Questionable due to the use of poor sourcing, lack of transparency, promotion of conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience as well as the publication of false information.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Conspiracy, Pseudoscience, False Claims
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2004, Breaking Christian News is a conservative Christian news and opinion website. The website does not offer a proper about page that describes their mission. However, the website does disclose they are based on Albany, Oregon.
Funded by / Ownership
Breaking Christian News indicates on the bottom of pages that it is a division of Elijah List Publications, Inc., which is a part of the nonprofit Elijah List Ministries. The ministry is a prophetic ministry headed by the editor of Breaking Christian News, Steve Shultz, who also claims to be a prophet himself. Revenue is derived through advertising and an online store that sells Christian books and merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Breaking Christian News primarily serves as a conservative Christian news aggregator. They typically republish summaries and occasionally full articles from other right-leaning sources such as Christian Headlines, LifeSiteNews, and Breitbart, each of which has poor track records with fact-checkers. Articles and headlines feature moderately loaded emotional language such as this: MAN DEFENDING HOME FROM ANGRY BLM PROTESTERS IS AN ATTORNEY WHO HAS FOUGHT POLICE BRUTALITY.
Editorially all stories favor the Christian Right with many opposed to abortion ‘NONE MORE VULNERABLE THAN THE UNBORN’ ; TENNESSEE’S GOVERNOR WILL SIGN HEARTBEAT ABORTION BAN. They also promote unknown conspiracies (Prophecies) such as this: ‘THE BIG RESET!’: GOD IS USING THE CURRENT CRISIS AS A CATALYST FOR GLOBAL GREAT AWAKENING; HOW GOD’S PEOPLE CAN PREPARE FOR HARVEST, as well as creationism propaganda. Other topics of concern for them is the rise of Marxism and Black Lives Matter. Finally, Breaking Christian News also publishes inaccurate news regarding Coronavirus such as this: GOOD NEWS: CORONAVIRUS IS NOW MUCH WEAKER, COULD DISAPPEAR WITHOUT VACCINE, TOP DOCTOR SAYS. This article claims that Covid-19 cases are declining when in fact the opposite is occurring. In general, they publish news that is not always factual and always right biased.
Failed Fact Checks
- The Koran being distributed to people in China after it lifted a “ban” on the Islamic holy text following the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. – False
Overall, we rate Christian Breaking News right biased and Questionable due to the use of poor sourcing, lack of transparency, promotion of conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience as well as the publication of false information. (D. Van Zandt 6/30/2020)
Last Updated on June 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am