These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Asheboro Courier-Tribune Least Biased based on low biased, factual news reporting and a reasonably balanced opinion page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1876, The Courier-Tribune is the daily newspaper of Asheboro, North Carolina, and the surrounding county of Randolph County. The current editor is Annette Jordan.
Funded by / Ownership
The Asheboro Courier-Tribune is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Courier-Tribune covers local news, crime, sports, and weather for the Asheboro, North Carolina area. Local news is reported through journalists with minimal bias: 19 charged in Alamance County prostitution sting. National and world news is provided by USA Today and the Associated Press. The website also features a section called “Elections” that reports political news such as this: Polls: Americans dissatisfied with state of the union. This story is derived from the Associated Press.
Editorially, we could not find evidence for whom the paper has endorsed in previous Presidential elections. A review of editorials shows a reasonable balance of opinion with slightly more favoring the right: Warren’s big bad idea: Taxing our way to prosperity. In general, news reporting is low biased and factual, while editorials very slightly favor the right, but not enough to move this paper from the Least Biased category.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Asheboro Courier-Tribune Least Biased based on low biased, factual news reporting and a reasonably balanced opinion page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/6/2020) Updated (10/16/2021)
Last Updated on October 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am