These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Archaeology Magazine a Pro-Science source based on credible sourcing to news and peer-reviewed journals.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1948, Archaeology Magazine is a bimonthly mainstream publication for the general public, supported by its website archaeology.org. The Archaeological Institute of America publishes the magazine. The institute also publishes the professional American Journal of Archaeology.
Funded by / Ownership
Archaeology Magazine is owned and published by the Archaeological Institute of America. Revenue is derived through subscription fees and donations to the Archaeological Institute of America.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the magazine and website publish news related to archaeology and discoveries. The information is presented for a lay reader to understand. Articles and headlines do not use loaded language, such as this Erosion Exposes Shipwreck on Florida Beach. While most stories originate from other sources such as local media, others are derived from peer-reviewed studies but written in an easily digestible way.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Archaeology Magazine a Pro-Science source based on credible sourcing to news and peer-reviewed journals. (D. Van Zandt 12/2/2016) Updated (02/25/2022)
Last Updated on February 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am