These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Ames Tribune Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Ames Tribune serves Ames, Iowa, and the surrounding area. The paper covers local, national, and international news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion. amestrib.com serves as the online domain for the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Gannett, the publisher of USA Today, owns the Ames Tribune. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Ames Tribune covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater Ames, Iowa area. They report local news with minimal loaded emotional language Deadly Ames church shooting followed ‘domestic situation’ between alleged gunman and one victim, police say. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Ames Tribune does not make Presidential endorsements; however, a review of op-eds shows that both sides are represented, such as this that favors the left: Walter Suza guest column: Support for those who are different should come from all of us. After reviewing dozens of op-eds, we found slightly more favor a liberal perspective. Finally, the news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Ames Tribune Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 06/05/2022)
Last Updated on June 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am