Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Melissa Tate: Did George Soros help Nazis confiscate Jewish property?
Newsweek rating: False (George Soros did not help Nazis confiscate Jewish property.)
Fact Check: Did George Soros Help Nazis Confiscate Jewish Property?
|Claim by Nikki Haley (R): Gov. Ron DeSantis “passed the largest corporate subsidies in Florida history for Disney.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (In 2020, Florida’s Department of Economic Opportunity approved The Walt Disney Co. for a state tax credit program that would allow Disney to earn up to $570 million in tax credits over 20 years. Gov. Ron DeSantis oversees the agency.)
Disney cancels plans for Florida campus amid feud with Ron DeSantis, forgoing historic tax incentive
|Claim via Rumble Video: COVID-19 mRNA vaccines and treatments for the virus come from snake venom and the vaccines cause humans to produce venom in their bodies. Nicotine is the “perfect antidote” for COVID, making the vaccines unnecessary.
Lead Stories rating: False (Complete crackpottery)
Fact Check: ‘Watch The Water 2’ Does NOT Prove COVID-19 MRNA Vaccines Come From Snake Venom, Do NOT Cause Humans To Produce Venom In Bodies
|FALSE||(International: India): Video shows fake voting being done at one of the Muslim booths during 2023 Karnataka assembly elections.
The Quint rating: False
Old & Unrelated Video Shared as Voting Fraud During Karnataka Elections
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s new anti-gay law, threatens sanctionsby newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 7:48 am
- Biden’s student debt plan hangs in balance as major Supreme Court rulings loomby newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 7:18 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on May 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Next Big Futureby Media Bias Fact Check on May 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- FDA Approves First Oral Antiviral Drug for COVID-19by newsfactsnetwork on May 30, 2023 at 1:17 am
- Family Of Missing Pakistani Journalist Fears For His Lifeby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:25 am
- AI-generated misinformation likely to pose hazard in U.S. election campaignsby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:19 am
- Russia issues arrest warrant for Lindsey Graham over Ukraine commentsby newsfactsnetwork on May 29, 2023 at 11:11 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/20/2023 (Weekend Edition)"