The Quint is an Indian digital newspaper based in India founded by Raghav Bahl, who favors right-wing politics. The Quint covers topics ranging from politics, policy, entertainment, and sports.
Funded by / Ownership
Quint Digital Media Limited owns The Quint. Membership fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
According to Reporters without Borders, India’s journalists are “Attacked online and physically” For example, the report states, “Those who espouse Hindutva, the ideology that gave rise to Hindu nationalism, are trying to purge all manifestations of “anti-national” thought from the national debate.
The Quint reports international news with low bias as they use credible mainstream sources such as NBC News. Editorially, they are critical of conservative Prime Minister Modi such as this In Modi Govt’s Unique Health ID Push, Consent And Privacy Are Missing. The publication also promotes women’s rights and expresses concerns for Hindu Nationalism.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, they have reported factually on the disease and vaccines. They also operate a fact-checking service called WebQoof that is certified by the International Fact-Checking Network. In general, The Quint is a left-leaning source that produces reliable news and fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks
- None. They are a certified fact-checker.
Overall, we rate the Quint Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and serving as an IFCN fact-checker. (M. Huitsing 9/3/2017) Updated (9/30/2021)
Last Updated on September 30, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am