Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim by Jonathan Martin (Politico): “Joe Biden was older on his first day as president than Ronald Reagan was on his last day.”
PolitiFact rating: True (Biden was two months older than 78 when he took office, which was about 10 weeks older than Reagan was on his final day as president.)
|Claim by Viral Video: A video shared on Facebook claims Texas has a legal right to secede from the United State on its own.
Check Your Fact rating: False (States do not have a legal right to secede on their own, according to the Supreme Court and experts.)
|FALSE||Claim by Judith Curry and CFACT: Antarctic sea-ice extent is increasing to record levels. Antarctica is getting colder; its sea ice and ice cap are not melting.
Climate Feedback rating: Inaccurate (Sea ice extent reaching its lowest value in 40 years. The consensus of scientific evidence shows that the average temperature over the Antarctic has not been getting colder. Some of the world’s fastest warming is observed in regions of the continent.)
|Claim via Social Media: “Anheuser-Busch closing half its U.S. breweries” after Dylan Mulvaney backlash.
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (The claim originated on a satirical website. Anheuser-Busch has faced conservative backlash after a partnership with a transgender social media influencer, but it has not closed any of its U.S. breweries as a result.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: First Republic Bank was closed and sold to JPMorgan Chase on May 1, 2023, making it the second-largest U.S. bank failure in history based on its total assets.
Snopes.com rating: True (Only Washington Mutual in 2008 was larger.)
|FALSE||(International: China): China has sent 70 aircraft vessels near the West Philippine Sea in response to the Philippines bolstering its territorial defense efforts
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Liz Cheney Warns Against GOP’s Constitutional Departure, Targets House Speaker Mike Johnsonby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 12:30 pm
- House Democrats Move Away from “Bidenomics” Term Ahead of 2024 Electionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 10:20 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Le Droitby Media Bias Fact Check on December 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Leadership Changes at DeSantis-Backed Super PACby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 11:16 pm
- 50 oil and gas companies pledge to cut operational emissionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 8:17 pm
- Speaker Mike Johnson says he thinks he has the votes to authorize Biden impeachment inquiryby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 3:17 pm
- U.S. Warship and Commercial Vessels Attacked in Red Sea Amid Israel-Hamas Conflictby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 1:26 pm