Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: “Florida man charged with a hate crime” for defacing pride crosswalk.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (In 2021, police arrested a 20-year-old after he burned out his tires, defacing a rainbow Pride crosswalk in Delray Beach, Florida. The driver was charged in court with reckless driving and criminal mischief and pleaded guilty to both, but was not charged with a hate crime. He was sentenced to two years of probation and community service.
|Claim via Social Media: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suppressed the results of a study that purportedly showed an increased risk of neurodevelopmental delays in newborns who were given a Hepatitis B vaccine during the first month of life.
Lead Stories rating: False (The results of the study have been available for decades. The early findings of the two-phase study were first presented to medical professionals in June 2000. The completed study was published in the journal Pediatrics on November 1, 2003.)
|FALSE||Claim by Social media posts: “[S]tudies confirm that covid damages the immune system, making everyone who got infected immunocompromised.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Outside of long COVID or very severe cases, most research suggests COVID-19 doesn’t cause lasting damage to the immune system. A few studies have found evidence of some possible damage, but nothing as severe as an immunodeficiency.)
|Claim by dailysceptic.org: Scientists Struggle to Understand Why Antarctica Hasn’t Warmed for Over 70 Years Despite Rise in C02
Lead Stories rating: False (According to official data, land surface temperatures in the region have increased an average of .16 degrees Fahrenheit (.09 degrees Celsius) per decade since 1950, for a total of a 5.4 degrees Fahrenheit (3 degrees Celsius) over that timeframe.)
|Claim via Social Media: A video shows Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis saying, “Now Trump’s been indicted, now the people will have no choice but to accept me as their assigned candidate.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (Deepfake)
|FALSE||(International: Canada): Canada has passed a law that “made it illegal to protest against” the LGBTQ+ community.
FactCheck.org rating: False (Canada has not passed a law that “made it illegal to protest against” the LGBTQ+ community.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Study Reveals Fossil Fuels Cause Over 5 Million Deaths Annuallyby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 2:36 pm
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm