Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Anya Vien: Cancer can be treated with baking soda.
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (No clinical evidence supports the use of baking soda as a treatment of cancer. Possible applications of baking soda to facilitate the effect of chemotherapy and reduce cancer proliferation are being investigated, but these are still at an early stage of development.)
|Claim via Social Media: The U.S. State Department has started a special immigrants visa “evacuation operation.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Fake)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: Supreme Court will consider case to reinstate Donald Trump.
USA Today rating: False (They declined it)
|FALSE||Claim by Viral image: The Georgia High School Association started issuing a “sudden cardiac arrest awareness form” in the wake of COVID-19 vaccines.
PolitiFact rating: False (Yes, in 2019, before Covid-19)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: The average global temperature has increased 0.134 degrees since 1978.
USA Today rating: False (The 0.13 figure is a rate per decade, not an overall change. The data shows an increase of .13 degrees Celsius per decade since 1978.
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Video shows that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has a huge amount of gold secretly stored in Japan.
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am