- Overall, we rate the Daily Sceptic a far-right biased quackery level pseudoscience website that frequently publishes false and misleading information regarding covid-19 and science in general.
Bias Rating: RIGHT PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Country: United Kingdom
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in April 2020 as the Lockdown Sceptic, the Daily Sceptic is a website dedicated to the opposition of covid-19 related lockdowns and alternative views on Covid and the vaccine. According to their about page, the website was founded by Toby Young, who claims to have been a journalist for more than 35 years. The Daily Sceptic is based in the United Kingdom and features the tagline “Question Everything. Stay Sane. Live Free.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website lacks transparency as they do not clearly state ownership. At the bottom of the website pages, a copyright marker read Skeptics Ltd. It is assumed Toby Young is the owner of the website. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Daily Sceptic publishes news and opinion content on covid-19 and other political topics from a right-leaning perspective. Articles and headlines feature loaded emotional wording such as how it Feels to Be Unvaccinated in Austria as the Government Turns the Screws. Articles tend to be sourced adequately.
Editorially, the Daily Sceptic is opposed to covid-related lockdowns, promotes vaccine hesitancy, climate change skepticism, and supports conservative politicians who oppose lockdowns and vaccine mandates YouTube Censors Conservative Ex-Minister David Davis For Criticising Vaccine Passports. In general, the Daily Sceptic promotes anti-vaccine propaganda and misinformation regarding Covid-19. Please see failed fact checks below for more details.
Failed Fact Checks
- COVID Vaccines Are Experimental Gene Therapy – False
- Triple-Vaccinated More Than FOUR Times As Likely to Test Positive For Omicron Than Unvaccinated, Data Shows – Misleading
- “Italian Higher Institute of Health Adjusts Number of Deaths Due to Covid Alone Since February 2020 Downwards From Over 130,000 to under 4,000” – False
- Vaccines Failing Against Serious Disease, Data From Israel Suggests – False
- COVID-19 vaccines are driving the excess deaths in Scotland. – False
- The risks of COVID-19 vaccination to children outweigh its benefits. – Misleading
- ”Global warming started to run out of steam over two decades ago… Half of the apparent global temperature increase from January 1910 to January 2000 is due to administrative adjustments.” – Incorrect
- “Covid Vaccines More Likely to Put You in Hospital Than Keep You Out” – Inaccurate
- More than twice as many Americans have lost a household member to a Covid vaccine injury as have lost one to Covid. – False
- “Natural variation explains a substantial part of global warming observed since 1850;” no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying natural disasters, or making them more frequent. – Incorrect
- “there is an international medical crisis due to the diseases and deaths co-related to the administration of products known as ‘COVID-19 vaccines’” – Unsupported
Overall, we rate the Daily Sceptic a far-right biased quackery level pseudoscience website that frequently publishes false and misleading information regarding covid-19 and science in general. (D. Van Zandt 02/12/2022) Updated (09/20/2022)
Last Updated on September 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check