Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|UNPROVEN||Claim by Tucker Carlson: “Whatever happened to [U.S. Capitol Police Officer] Brian Sicknick was very obviously not the result of violence he suffered at the entrance to the Capitol.”
FactCheck.org rating: Disputed (Capitol Police issued a press release saying that Sicknick had “passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty.” The statement said Sicknick was “injured while physically engaging with protesters” on Jan. 6 and he “returned to his division office and collapsed.”)
|Claim via Social Media: Walgreens, caught in abortion debate, sells abortion pills.
KHOU rating: False (Walgreens not currently selling abortion pills.)
|Claim by Viral image: Bill Gates claims to be a “valid representative of the pharmaceutical industry” because he “read a lot of books about that topic.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Fake video. He did not say that.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Acupressure Massages Relieve Asthma.|
|Claim by Nicholas Langworthy (R): Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm met “with the radical green energy group behind the gas stove ban,” which “has ties to the” Chinese Communist Party.
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Granholm did meet with the CEO of the Rocky Mountain Institute, an environmental group, in 2021, but the department says that gas stoves were not discussed. Various Biden administration officials have said that they have no future plans to ban gas stoves, and it’s doubtful that the government could legally force existing gas stoves to be replaced. The institute is working with the Chinese government to reduce carbon emissions, but experts say that characterizing this as “ties” to the Communist Party lacks important context.)
|FALSE||(International: Nigeria): Video shows Nigerian election fraud.
Check Your Fact rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am
- Trump Accuses Pence Of Trying To ‘Curry Favor’ With DOJ In Federal Election Case To Avoid Criminal Chargesby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 am
- Biden Targets Boebert in Colorado Visit Amid Political Strategyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 8:12 am