Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim by Robert Ortt (R): If New York’s proposed limits on natural gas in buildings take effect, the grid today can’t handle the increased electric load.
Politifact rating: True (A National Grid representative said during a state Senate hearing that the company knows the grid will have to be expanded to be able to provide the amount of electricity required under the state’s plan.)
|Claim by The Expose: “most of the individuals who had been fully vaccinated would develop full-blown vaccine-induced acquired immunodeficiency syndrome by the end of the month”
Health Feedback rating: Incorrect (Vaccines induce a pathogen-specific immunological memory. The ability of a vaccine to stimulate immunological memory against one pathogen doesn’t tell us about the immune system’s ability to combat other pathogens or diseases. Hence, the alleged lack of effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines wouldn’t mean that the immune system cannot fight back other infections or cancer.)
|MISLEADING||Claim by Joe Biden (D): “For too many decades, we imported projects and exported jobs,” but now “we’re exporting American products and creating American jobs.”
FactCheck.org rating: Misleading (U.S. imports of goods and services have continued to exceed exports under Biden.)
|FALSE||Claim by Kevin McCarthy (R): Did Joe Biden increase the deficit by $800 billion?
Newsweek rating: False (The deficit has decreased from around $3.1 trillion to just below $1.4 trillion since FY 2020, according to Treasury data.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Joe Biden waited to let China collect all its information from the balloon before it was shot down.
PolitiFact rating: Unfounded
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): The Church of England has dropped the terms ‘God’ or ‘Father’ from the Lord’s Prayer.
Lead Stories rating: False (Still ‘God’)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman’s appealby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 3:06 pm
- Supreme Court declines to consider longshot bid to disqualify Trump from running for presidentby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 11:07 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on October 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sayfie Reviewby Media Bias Fact Check on October 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Matt Gaetz Says He Will Move to Oust Kevin McCarthy as House Speakerby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 1:16 am
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman pulls fire alarm ahead of vote to pass short-term funding billby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 9:16 pm
- SCOTUS to decide if Florida and Texas social media laws violate 1st Amendmentby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 3:17 pm
- Just 3 hours before the deadline, Congress avoids a government shutdownby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 7:18 am