These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Notes: Accuracy In Media (AIM) is an American non-profit news media watchdog founded in 1969 by economist Reed Irvine. AIM describes itself as “a non-profit, grassroots citizens watchdog of the news media that critiques botched and bungled news stories and sets the record straight on important issues that have received slanted coverage.” It has been described as having a politically conservative stance (Wikipedia). This description via Wikipedia misses the mark. This is a strongly right wing source that often resorts to conspiracy and bigotry. They also promote pseudoscience such as intelligent design and anti-science positions on climate change.
Latest from Accuracy in Media
- Bias Buzz Podcast- Why the Democrats Lost in Georgia, Will Obamacare be Repealed?, Megyn Kelly’s Alex Jones Interview Flops and More June 22, 2017 12:30 pm
- Back in the Spotlight: NFL Player Colin Kaepernick Compared Police to Slave Patrol June 22, 2017 11:31 am
- NFL Puts Pressure on Texas over Transgender Bathroom Bill June 22, 2017 11:30 am
- Bias Buzz Podcast- Why the Democrats Lost in Georgia, Will Obamacare be Repealed?, Megyn Kelly’s Alex Jones Interview Flops and More June 22, 2017 9:10 am
- China’s encroachment into Latin America June 22, 2017 6:02 am
- Media Fairness Caucus Newsletter – June 21, 2017 June 22, 2017 3:58 am
- MSNBC’s Brzezinski Rips Democrats, DNC Vice-Chair Keith Ellison, for Lack of Message [Video] June 22, 2017 2:43 am
- McCabe’s FBI Hosts Gay Pride Summit June 21, 2017 3:24 pm
- ‘Conservative’ New York Times Columnist Uses Immigration to Poke Fun at Trump Supporters June 21, 2017 11:31 am
- Democrat Admits No Proof of Trump-Russia Collusion after Almost Yearlong Investigation June 21, 2017 11:30 am