Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: CNN is Closing Its Headquarters in Atlanta.
Lead Stories rating: False (Moving HQ not closing)
|Claim by The Expose: CDC confirmed 118,000 died suddenly since the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines.
USA Today rating: False (The CDC has not confirmed at least 118,000 people have died suddenly since 2020, and officials say that’s not an accurate description of what happened. While there have been over 100,000 excess deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic, experts say a majority of these deaths are related to COVID-19 infections. There is no evidence these deaths were “sudden” or linked to the COVID-19 vaccines.)
|FALSE||Claim via viral video: A video shows wreckage of the recent plane crash in Nepal.
PolitiFact rating: False (This video shows a tour of a set from the 2005 movie, “War of the Worlds,” not wreckage from the Jan. 15, 2023, plane crash in Nepal.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: While making a speech on reproductive rights on Jan. 22, 2023, U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris mentioned “liberty” and “the pursuit of happiness” but did not mention “life” when referring to the rights we are endowed with in the Declaration of Independence.
Snopes.com rating: True
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Climate changed naturally in prehistoric eras; modern climate change is a naturally occurring phenomenon.
Climate Feedback rating: Flawed Reasoning (Climate change has occurred in the past without human influence. However, this does not indicate that non-human causes are driving modern warming, for which a consensus of scientific evidence shows that greenhouse gas emissions are responsible.)
|FALSE||(International: Ireland): Poster from Ireland shows ‘sudden death’ as side effect of COVID-19 vaccine
USA Today rating: False (Altered)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Suspected Chinese spy balloon flying above U.S. shot down off Carolina coastby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- US considering plan to down Chinese balloon over Atlanticby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:01 pm
- Pakistan Blocks Wikipedia Over ‘Blasphemous Content’by newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 9:52 am
- Concrete traps carbon dioxide soaked from air in climate-friendly testby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 7:21 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Literacy Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Another Chinese ‘surveillance balloon’ is flying over Latin America, Pentagon saysby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 8:39 pm
- Blinken postpones China trip following balloon discoveryby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 3:41 pm