Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Retired Nurse John Campbell: EuroMOMO data shows excess deaths in people aged 0 to 14; excess deaths in Europe cannot be explained by COVID-19.
Health Feedback rating: Misleading (The EuroMOMO bulletin published on the second week of 2023 clarified that the system didn’t actually detect excess deaths in people aged 0 to 14, despite Campbell’s claim to the contrary.)
Studies indicate that COVID-19 vaccination doesn’t increase risk of death, despite misleading video on Europe excess death by John Campbell
|Claim via Social Media: Aborted fetal cells are in artificial flavors added to food products people eat.
Lead Stories rating: False (Not In Food)
Fact Check: Aborted Fetal Cells NOT Used In Artificial Flavors In Food
|MISLEADING||Claim via Social Media: The amount the U.S. has spent in Ukraine is “double the U.S. expenditure for its own war in Afghanistan.”
Politifact rating: False (Congress has approved about $111 billion in aid to Ukraine since the country was invaded by Russia in February 2022. During a 20-year entanglement in Afghanistan, the U.S. spent between $825 billion and $2.3 trillion, depending on the source of the estimate and what’s being included.)
Claim via Social Media: More than 1500 athletes have suffered cardiac arrest since COVID vaccinations began, compared to a previous average of 29 per year.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (The claim is based on a list that attributes deaths to cardiac arrest even when another cause is known, such as cancer or car accidents.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: The Transportation Security Administration spent “a couple hundred million dollars” on gender-neutral screening technology.
Politifact rating: False (The Transportation Security Administration spent $18.6 million on gender-neutral screening technology, not “hundreds of millions,” as a video claimed.)
Claim vastly overstates government’s spending on TSA’s gender-neutral screening technology
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. used his family’s wealth to fund government activities.
Rappler rating: False
FACT CHECK: Marcos didn’t use family wealth for gov’t activities
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Trump indicted in Stormy Daniels hush-money caseby newsfactsnetwork on March 30, 2023 at 6:06 pm
- Media Bias Fact Check Launches Interactive Country Political Orientation Mapby Media Bias Fact Check on March 30, 2023 at 2:55 pm
- Media Bias Fact Check Launches Interactive Country Political Orientation Mapby newsfactsnetwork on March 30, 2023 at 2:50 pm
- Fiery train derailment in Minnesota prompts evacuationsby Media Bias Fact Check on March 30, 2023 at 9:25 am
- Nashville attack renews calls for assault weapons ban – data shows there were fewer mass shooting deaths during an earlier 10-year prohibitionby Media Bias Fact Check on March 30, 2023 at 6:54 am
- World’s usable nuclear arsenal rose in 2022, study saysby newsfactsnetwork on March 30, 2023 at 6:51 am
- Biden won’t veto Republican-led bill ending COVID emergencyby newsfactsnetwork on March 30, 2023 at 6:47 am
- Journal Shows Its Commitment to Exploring AI in Medicineby newsfactsnetwork on March 30, 2023 at 6:45 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 01/30/2023"