A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Backroom Buzz Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, lack of sourcing, sensational headlines, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Sensationalism, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2019 by Dominick Mezzapesa, Backroom Buzz is a conservative news and opinion blog/website. Although they completely lack transparency through not listing an owner or an about page, their disclaimer does state “BackroomBuzz Conservative Political News does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information.” They at least admit they may not be accurate.
Funded by / Ownership
The Backroom Buzz website never indicates ownership. Revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Backroom Buzz does not produce original news content, but rather opines on current news from a conservative perspective. There is frequent use of loaded language that favors the right such as this: President Trump: Democrats’ Impeachment Inquiry a ‘Lynching’ and this Liberals Fume After Facebook Lists Breitbart In News Tab. When not denigrating liberals, this site celebrates President Donald Trump such as this: Another Day, Another Democrat, Fake News Trump Controversy. In general, this is a pro-Trump propaganda site that does not often source to external information.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked as of yet.
Overall, we rate Backroom Buzz Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, lack of sourcing, sensational headlines, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 10/30/2019)
Last Updated on February 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm