Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Herschel Walker (R): Democrats, including President Joe Biden, “stopped domestic drilling” for oil, driving gasoline prices higher.
PolitiFact rating: False (Biden never tried to bar all domestic drilling. He did try to pause future leasing on federal lands, but this was blocked by a court. Since President Joe Biden took office, oil production has risen both on federal lands and on U.S. lands overall. No president has the authority to stop drilling on private lands. And presidents have little control over gasoline prices, which are determined by the global market.)
|Claim by patriotpartypress.com: Megan Rapinoe Booted From US Team For Assaulting a Teammate.
Lead Stories rating: False (The source is a satire website designed to troll conservatives into sharing fake news.)
|FALSE||Claim by Zach Nunn (R): “My opponent, Cindy Axne, has actively sought to defund the police.”
Politifact rating: False (Axne has a record of sponsoring and voting for bills that seek to increase police funding.)
|Claim via Social Media: Global Recall Of COVID-19 Vaccines.
Lead Stories rating: False (No Recall)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Ranked choice voting in Alaska is a “total rigged deal.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (Ranked choice voting is a legal way to elect officials. Maine uses it, as do a wide variety of jurisdictions nationally including New York City and areas of Utah.)
|FALSE||(International: India): Taxes on commodities are lower under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Council on American-Islamic Relation (CAIR)by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 15, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/14/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Issues in Science and Technologyby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/13/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WSAZ News Channelby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/12/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 12, 2022 at 10:30 am