Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by Joe Biden (D): “I’ve been in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan over 40 times.”
PolitiFact rating: False (After making a similar statement in 2019, Biden’s presidential campaign clarified that he had visited the countries a combined 21 times.)
|TRUE||Claim: A Russian businessman offered a $1 million bounty for President Vladimir Putin’s arrest.
Snopes.com rating: True
|FALSE||Claim by Stand Up To China: Build Back Better “would be a huge payday for Chinese manufacturing” and “would fill our streets with cars made with Chinese parts.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Experts say there is no evidence that the domestic-focused Build Back Better legislation would be a financial boon to Chinese companies.)
|Claim by thecountersignal.com: Ottawa threatened to euthanize truckers pets as punishment
Lead Stories rating: False (They will not!)
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): “Hillary Clinton spied on President Trump.”
PolitiFact rating: False (The filing does not allege that Hillary Clinton spied on Trump.)
|(International: Russia): Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Gilgit-Baltistan should be part of India.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Trust in presidency, Congress, media at all-time lowsby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 12:39 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Die Presseby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The National Heraldby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am