These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Connecticut Post Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1883, The Connecticut Post is a daily newspaper located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It serves Fairfield County and the Lower Naugatuck Valley. The current editor is John Alcott.
Funded by / Ownership
The Connecticut Post is owned by Hearst Communications, which owns newspapers, magazines, and television stations, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Houston Chronicle, Cosmopolitan and Esquire. The newspaper and website are funded through advertising, classifieds sales and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Connecticut Post reports local news through journalists with minimal bias such as this: Councilwoman with troubled finances seeks campaign funds. National news is derived from other Hearst papers as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Connecticut Post tends to favor Democratic candidates as evidenced by their endorsement of Democratic Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential election. Further, a review of op-eds show that the majority lean left such as this: Editorial: No time to waste on impeachment. In general, straight news is presented with low bias and proper sourcing, while editorial content favors the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Connecticut Post Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that usually favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check. (D. Van Zandt 9/28/2019)
Last Updated on March 17, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm