Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Above Top Secret a Right Biased Strong Conspiracy website and discussion forum based on the promotion of unproven or debunked claims.
Factual Reporting: LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1997, Above Top Secret is a news and discussion board that promotes conspiracy theories and pseudoscience. The website lacks transparency as they do not disclose owners. According to their about page “with the recent revelations that the government, through the NSA, has indeed been constantly spying on, and retaining communications records, of all U.S. citizens, it turns out the conspiracy theorists have been right all along!”
Funded by / Ownership
Above Top Secret is owned by the Above Network LLC, which provides digital branding, marketing, technology, video production, and online community management. Revenue is derived through membership fees for full access.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Above Top Secret is a discussion forum where users publish conspiracy-related news stories and discuss them. Some are stories that are linked to external news sources, while others are created by the user. Topics include UFOs, 9/11 conspiracies, Chemtrails, pretty much anything you can imagine that relates to a sinister Government. During the Covid-19 pandemic, they promoted conspiracy theories such as this Timing of New Super Duper Mutant Covid Strain as well as election fraud misinformation such as this Joe Biden Spilled the Beans on Democrats 2020 Election Fraud and Cheating Plans, which relies on unreliable sources such as Just The News and the Epoch Times. A review of the conspiracies presented reveals that many align with the right, though there are some that do favor the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- Adam Schiff’s sister Melissa was married to George Soros’s son, Robert. – False
- The Obama administration has ordered $1 billion worth of ‘disposable coffins’ for use with ‘FEMA camps.’ – False
- President Obama has signed an executive order banning the Pledge of Allegiance in all public schools. – False
Overall, we rate Above Top Secret a Right Biased Strong Conspiracy website and discussion forum based on the promotion of unproven or debunked claims. (D. Van Zandt 1/13/2017) Updated (12/25/2020)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am