Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, this is a right biased, overtly Christian conspiracy website.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: Israel 88/180
Behold Israel is a right biased news blog site that is founded by Amir Tsarfati. In his own words: “He grew up in the Jerusalem area and heard about the Messiah while living with a foster family as a high school senior. It was when he saw the “Jesus” film by Campus Crusade that he accepted Jesus into his heart, the turning point in his life.”
Amir also says “He has been invited to churches, prophecy seminars and conferences around the world, to teach on current events in Israel in light of Bible prophecy.”
Amir not only talks about end times and the bible, but also he has been a consultant about homeland-security to various law enforcement agencies and delivers seminars on homeland-security issues. Amir lists Pastor David Jeremiah, Governor Mike Huckabee, Michele Bachman and other right wing pastors and political figures as his close friends.
Funded by / Ownership
Behold Israel is owned by Amir Tsarfati and is funded through donations, teaching services, a shop that sells DVD’s and digital downloads.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Behold Israel has a news section that reports news about Israel. The content is reasonable, but there is little use of actual sources for these articles. Behold Israel also has a blog for Amir Tsarfati that uses loaded language and promotes conspiracy theories. For example, “The Mystery of the Rapture” and “Amir’s Prophecy Update”, which has extreme right wing bias with this quote: “Obama just announced his intention to appoint a new Supreme Court justice instead of the conservative Scalia who passed away unexpectedly. Another liberal justice means a great moral downfall of the USA.”
Overall, this is a right biased, overtly Christian conspiracy website. (M. Huitsing 10/18/2017) Updated (11/11/2019)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am