The conservative lobbying firm that Facebook hired in the midst of an October 2017 public relations crisis about Russian disinformation included what one former employee told NBC News was an “in-house fake news shop” as part of its operations.
Facebook’s ties to the lobbying firm, Definers Public Affairs, were first reported on Wednesday in The New York Times, which detailed how the group aimed to “discredit activist protesters [of Facebook], in part by linking them to liberal financier George Soros,” who has become the subject of widespread right-wing conspiracy theories.
Full Story @ NBC News
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am