These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall we rate the News-Gazette High for factual news reporting and Right-Center biased editorially.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The News-Gazette is a daily newspaper founded in 1919 (with heritage dating to 1852) and based in Champaign, Illinois. Jim Rossow is the Editor of the paper.
The News-Gazette covers topics such as news, business, local and state news, economics, politics, arts & entertainment and in particular, they are well-known for their sports section.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is independently owned by the Stevick family’s Professional Impressions Media Group. The News-Gazette is funded through an advertising and subscription model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The News-Gazette uses credible sources in their reporting. For example, they often republish articles from the Associated Press, under their Nation/World News subcategory: “Trump to pitch tax plan as boon for truckers”. The News-Gazette, editorially endorsed neither Trump nor Clinton: Nobody for president. However, the News-Gazette tends to slightly favor the right editorially.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall we rate the News-Gazette High for factual news reporting and Right-Center biased editorially. (M. Huitsing 10/11/2017) Updated (6/29/2020)
Last Updated on June 29, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds