These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Ynetnews Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: Israel (86/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2005, Ynetnews is the online English-language Israeli news website of Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel’s most-read newspaper. The website has an about page that is nearly impossible to click on because of excessive advertising. We gave up and searched it out “Ynetnews is designed to give its readers a holistic news experience, covering both the Israeli and international arenas. It offers its readers up-to-the-minute breaking news, world-class news reporting, and in-depth commentary, with a focus on Israel, the Jewish World, and the Middle East.”
Funded by / Ownership
Yedioth Ahronoth owns Ynetnews. Advertising derives revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Ynet is considered center-left by Israeli standards. They oppose Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu such as this Naftali Bennett: The right-wing millionaire who may end Netanyahu era and support for the left-leaning labor party Isaac Herzog elected 11th president of State of Israel.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Ynetnews Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/19/2017) Updated (6/2/2021)
Last Updated on June 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am