- Overall, we rate World Press Review Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors a liberal perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a lack of sourcing on some articles.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
World Press Review (Worldpress.org) is an independent, nonpartisan New York-based magazine founded in 1974. Worldpress.org publishes originally written articles and analyses various world issues from environment and human rights to regional politics and armed conflicts. According to its editorial guideline, Worldpress.org mostly focuses on the issues which are barely reflected in the mainstream press, translating, reprinting, analyzing, and contextualizing what it evaluates as “the best of the international press” from more than 20 languages. For its originally written material, World Press relies on its web of freelancers from approximately 40 countries.
Funded by / Ownership
Teri Schure owns World Press Review. Advertising and donations provide revenue for the website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website offers blog-based analysis and news that moderately favors the left, such as this QAnon vs. Hitler’s Brownshirts. The website also curates news that links to other sources such as USA Today. In general, this source is inactive with infrequent posts. A review of content reveals they tend to moderately favor the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. Never been fact-checked.
Overall, we rate World Press Review Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors a liberal perspective. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to a lack of sourcing on some articles. (D. Van Zandt 3/3/2017) Updated (4/16/2021)
Last Updated on April 16, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am