These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Wisconsin State Journal Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Wisconsin State Journal is a daily newspaper published in Madison, Wisconsin. Its editorial board was named a Pulitzer finalist in 2008 for its “persistent, high-spirited campaign against abuses in the governor’s veto power.”
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns the Wisconsin Journal. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises has donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians since 1990. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Wisconsin State Journal reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Wisconsin region. Local news is covered through reporters with minimal bias such as this 50 people ejected, 23 arrested during Badgers game, UW police say. The website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press and CNN.
Editorially, the Wisconsin State Journal provides a reasonable balance of opinion, with slightly more favoring the left, such as this Dear candidates for governor: What will you do for the homeless?. In general, they report news with minimal bias. While op-eds slightly favor the left, there is a reasonable balance to classify this source as least biased.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Wisconsin State Journal Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/10/2017) Updated (10/2/2021)
Last Updated on October 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds