These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Waterbury Republican-American Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1844, The Waterbury Republican-American is a family-owned newspaper based in Waterbury, Connecticut. The current editor is William J. Pape II.
Funded by / Ownership
The newspaper is owned by Republican-American Inc, which is owned by the Pape Family. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Republican-American publishes news stories about crime, weather, sports and local news for Northwest Connecticut. Local news is reported through reporters with minimal bias such as this Sharon man uses camera to catch meat thief from Millerton, N.Y. National and international news is republished from the Associated Press.
Editorially, more stories slightly favor the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Waterbury Republican-American Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/28/2016) Updated (7/9/2020)
Last Updated on July 9, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds