Vivek Ramaswamy is an entrepreneur from Ohio and is running for President of the United States in 2024. He is a member of the conservative wing of the Republican Party. We assign Vivek Ramaswamy a Right Biased and Mixed factual rating due to a few failed fact-checks and holding some views that are at odds with the consensus of science.
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
Title: Entrepreneur, Former Pharmaceutical Executive – Presidential Candidate
Political Party: Republican
Political Alignment: Conservative Right
Factual Rating: Mixed
- Founder of Roivant Sciences, a biopharmaceutical company
- Author of the book “Woke, Inc.”
- Republican Presidential Candidate (2023 – Present)
Stance on Key Policies:
- Abortion Rights: Unfavorable – Vivek Ramaswamy supports banning abortions after six weeks of pregnancy. He believes that life begins at conception and that the unborn has a right to life.
- Economy: Free Market Capitalism – Ramaswamy is a proponent of free-market capitalism. He believes the Federal Reserve should focus solely on controlling inflation and not on other issues like unemployment. He argues that the dual mandate of the Federal Reserve has led to economic instability and inequality.
- Climate Change: Limited Action – Vivek Ramaswamy’s economic plan involves moving away from what he refers to as the “climate cult” and, instead, liberating the potential of nuclear energy. Ramaswamy said he’s “not a climate denier” but sees the world’s warming as “not entirely bad.” He says the goal of limiting carbon emissions is “flawed” and that “people should be proud to live a high-carbon lifestyle.” During the 1st Republican debate, he declared the Climate Change Agenda is a “Hoax.”
- Education: Choice-Charter-Private Schools – Ramaswamy says he wants to shut down the Dept. of Education.
- Foreign Policy: Mixed – He is opposed to unnecessary wars on foreign soil but supports using the military to combat Mexican drug cartels and to arm the Taiwanese to defend against China.
- LGBTQ Rights: Limited Rights – Ramaswamy has expressed that the LGBTQIA+ movement is not “about logic” but has become “a cult.” He supports adults living freely but opposes the imposition of new cultural norms on children. He has defended his belief that gender is not fluid and that there are only two genders, male and female. Vivek Ramaswamy has also been labeled the “anti-woke” entrepreneur.
- Gun Ownership: Limited Gun Control Measures – Does not believe there should be more restrictions on the current process to buy guns.
- Immigration: Limited Immigration – Ramaswamy supports ending birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants. He believes that the current policy encourages illegal immigration and is not in line with the original intent of the 14th Amendment.
- Health Care: Market-Based Health Care – Ramaswamy is against a single-payer healthcare system. He believes that healthcare should be patient-centered and that decisions should be made by patients and their doctors, not by the government.
- Overall: Conservative – His policy positions and actions align most closely with the current conservative wing of the Republican party.
Recent Failed Fact Checks
- “Young Americans across this country are no longer proud to be American.” – Half True
- Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy claimed in a July 12 interview that he voted for the first time in 2020. – False
- “The climate change agenda is a hoax.” – False
- “The reality is the anti-carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy. And so the reality is more people are dying of bad climate change policies than they are of actual climate change.” – False
(M. Huitsing 07/25/2023) Updated (08/24/2023)
Last Updated on August 25, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check