These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Visalia Times-Delta Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1859, the Visalia Times-Delta serves the San Joaquin Valley, California, and the surrounding area. The paper covers local, national, and international news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion. Visaliatimesdelta.com serves as the online domain for the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Gannett, the publisher of USA Today, owns the Visalia Times-Delta. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Visalia Times-Delta covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater San Joaquin Valley, California area. They report local news with minimal loaded emotional language Woman rolling a suitcase along Highway 99 killed by passing car. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Visalia Times-Delta does not make Presidential endorsements; however, a review of op-eds shows that both sides are represented such as this that favors the left: Lies about COVID vaccines are killing people in less educated parts of California. And this favoring the right Recalls will soon get harder to pull off if Democrats have their way. After reviewing dozens of op-eds, we found slightly more favor a liberal perspective. Finally, the news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Visalia Times-Delta Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/29/2021)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am