These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Transpartisan Review Least Biased based on attempts to cover both sides. We also rate them MOSTLY FACTUAL for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency, despite proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Transpartisan Review (TR), founded by A. Lawrence Chickering and James S. Turner, is an online magazine for transpartisan political belief. Akin to Third Way politics and centrism in some respects, transpartisan politics eschews a left or right view and promotes cooperation from all sides; left, right, center, etc., to find solutions instead. The editor is Andy Fluke.
Funded by / Ownership
A. Lawrence Chickering and James S. Turner appear to be the owners, but this is not clear. The website lacks transparency as it does not disclose how they are funded.
Analysis / Bias
The Transpartisan Review holds the position that there can be cooperation between left and right. Articles often reflect this, such as this Unite America Responds to the Capitol Riot. This story is sourced from the right by Real Clear Politics and the Left by CNN. Many of the stories are opinion or analysis pieces, and there is a true effort to represent both sides. In 2017, during their initial review by Dennis Kelly, he concluded, “The articles in TR are factual and well-sourced, and the only bias evident is towards the transpartisan belief.” In 2021, we see the same consistency and maintain a least biased rating but offer concern due to a lack of transparency.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Transpartisan Review Least Biased based on attempts to cover both sides. We also rate them MOSTLY FACTUAL for factual reporting due to a lack of transparency, despite proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 3/11/2017) Updated (4/11/2021)
Last Updated on April 11, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am