These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Fortnightly Review Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Fortnightly Review was one of the most prominent and influential magazines in nineteenth-century England. The magazine mainly covered topics on Politics, Literature, Philosophy, Science, and Art. The Fortnightly Review is known to publish many articles, stories, and essays of famous literary figures such as Oscar Wilde, George Orwell, James Joyce, W. B. Yeats, and Ezra Pound. The magazine also published several articles on science and astronomy. The print magazine ceased publication in 1954. In 2009, a group of British and American scholars and writers began publishing a “new series” online at The Fortnightly Review.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Today, the Fortnightly Review publishes articles about various subjects, including literature, philosophy, science, and art. However, their opinion pieces on US politics present a pro-Donald Trump/Republican bias that utilizes strong loaded words such as this “Obama, of course, was utterly immune from any comic baiting, mainly because he was black and therefore privileged with racial untouchability”. Editorially more stories favor the right such as this Welcome to the New World Order.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Fortnightly Review Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/15/2017) Updated (8/10/2021)
Last Updated on August 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am