These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Dworkin Report far left biased based on story selection that favors the left and strong affiliation with the Democratic Party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting and borderline questionable due to several failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018 by Scott Dworkin and Grant Stern, The Dworkin Report is a website that publishes Podcasts, Audio Clips, and summarized news articles by Dworkin and Stern. According to their about page, Scott Dworkin is “Senior Advisor and Lead Investigator of the Democratic Coalition as well as a proud member of #TheResistance, Scott helped uncover the Trump-Russia affair and explained it to a national audience on MSNBC well before Special Counsel Mueller’s probe began.
Grant Stern “writes national news columns at the Washington Press, an Occupy Democrats website and on TheSternFacts.com, as well as the occasional op-ed column in the Miami Herald, in addition to his duties as the Dworkin Report’s Producer. He is also a member of the Miami-Dade County Democratic Executive Committee.” Three of the four sources listed above have either been rated factually Mixed or Questionable by Media Bias Fact Check.
Funded by / Ownership
Scott Dworkin and Grant Stern co-own the Dworkin Report. Donations and advertising generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Dworkin Report primarily publishes strongly left-leaning podcasts with a summary text description underneath and occasionally a link to the full transcript. Topics are always pro-left and denigrate the right, in particular, former President Trump and his administration. Headlines are often sensationalized, such as this: Rob Reiner just predicted how Trump’s “corrupt and criminal” presidency will end. The source for this podcast is an interview with liberal activist Rob Reiner. In general, most podcasts consist of an interview with left-leaning political figures. Due to these being audio podcasts, there is not hyperlinked sourcing.
Editorially, The Dworkin Report is strongly left-biased, with Scott Dworkin being co-founder of the PAC, Democratic Coalition. Grant Stern, on the other hand, is affiliated with the questionable left-wing source, Occupy Democrats.
Failed Fact Checks
- “Docs: Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker took $1 million from a pro-Putin Ukrainian businessman—last election cycle.” – Mostly False
- Says President Donald Trump “fired Lt. Col. Vindman because he testified agaisnt (sic) him and corroborated the Whistleblowers (sic) testimony.” – False
- Devin Nunes’ financial wealth is invested in a wine company with “strong ties” to Russia. – Unproven
- Joe Biden won the U.S. presidential election by a landslide. – False
- Donald Trump once evicted a disabled combat veteran for owning a small therapy dog. – False
Overall, we rate The Dworkin Report far left biased based on story selection that favors the left and strong affiliation with the Democratic Party. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting and borderline questionable due to several failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2019) Updated (4/19/2021)
Last Updated on April 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check