These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate American Bridge 21st Century Left Biased based on advocacy and support for the Democratic Party and Mixed for factual reporting due to three failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
American Bridge 21st Century is a liberal American Super PAC that supports Democratic candidates and opposes Republican candidates. It was founded by David Brock in 2010 and is associated with Media Matters for America. It is an opposition research hub for the Democratic Party. The group physically tracks and monitors Republican candidates and officials and uses social media to deploy its findings.
Funded by / Ownership
American Bridge 21st Century is affiliated with David Brock and Media Matters for America. Democratic donors and labor unions fund American Bridge. During the 2012 and 2014 election cycles, Billionaire George Soros was the largest donor, donating more than 2 million dollars. The website also solicits donations from visitors.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the primary objective of American Bridge is to perform opposition research. This is done by having “trackers” follow and record Republican candidates across the country. These trackers employ high-tech recording gear in the hope of capturing Republicans in embarrassing moments.
The website also reports news with moderately loaded language such as this: American Bridge Statement on Dan Forest’s Response to Use of White Supremacists Talking Points. This story is sourced from a quote.
Failed Fact Checks
- Says Marco Rubio’s “proposed college affordability overhaul would specifically benefit for-profit colleges.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- Wisconsin’s economy has “tanked” under Gov. Scott Walker and “so far in 2015 over 6,685 people have been laid off, already more than in all of 2014.” – FALSE
- “As Governor: Romney did not keep public safety funding in line with inflation.” – MOSTLY FALSE
- Sen. David Perdue “only serves himself by voting for pay raises for himself while he votes against military pay raises.” – MOSTLY FALSE
Overall, we rate American Bridge 21st Century Left Biased based on advocacy and support for the Democratic Party and Mixed for factual reporting due to three failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 1/24/2017) Updated (02/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 12, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.