These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Right-Center biased based on an editorial bias that moderately favors the right through political endorsements and story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1900, The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal is a newspaper based in Lubbock, Texas, United States. The current editor is Jill Nevels-Haun.
Funded by / Ownership
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal covers local news through the use of journalists with minimal bias such as this: Roadway near 9th Street and Quaker Avenue caved in after water main bursts. National and world news is republished via the Associated Press. Editorially, the opinion page tends to cover both sides with a slight lean right in topic selection. When it comes to endorsements this paper tends to endorse more Republicans by a strong margin and they endorsed Donald Trump in 2016 for President. All information is typically sourced properly and opinions and news labeled as such.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Right-Center biased based on an editorial bias that moderately favors the right through political endorsements and story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 4/10/2019) Updated (12/08/2020)
Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am